DURS EGG FLINT LOCK LEFT HAND from L&R
Product Code: 43013
Add to Cart
Add to Wish List
A master English gun maker, Durs Egg, apprenticed in Switzerland and Paris before setting up shop in London in 1772. Egg's contemporaries were John Twigg, John & Joseph Manton, Robert Wogdon, Henry Nock and H.W. Mortimer. Egg kept ahead of his contemporaries in both aesthetics and design engineering, producing some of England's finest guns.
special features of this lock include: pierced two-screw bridle with
third support pin. Fly equipped tumbler, as well as sear, feature raised
bearing surfaces which reduce contact with plate and bridle, thus
reducing friction, roller mounted frizzen. Inside plate and working surfaces are polished. Late
English style lock of very high quality suitable for rifles and
shotguns in the Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Tennessee and Southern Mountain
styles during the late flint and early percussion era. Plate measures 5" long, 15/16"
high. Plate is interchangeable with the percussion
version. Left hand. No. 43013
Tag: DURS EGG FLINT LOCK LEFT HAND from L&R